In order to accommodate traffic safety and efficient construction, construction staging is required to facilitate the proposed improvements. The following impacts to traffic are anticipated:
- The total number of existing lanes of traffic is anticipated to be maintained in the Highway 401 eastbound Collectors.
- The Collector to Express Transfer at Highway 404/DVP Interchange will be reduced to one lane for two construction stages (one construction season).
- The DVP south – Highway 401 eastbound Collector Ramp will be reduced to a single lane for one stage (half of the construction season).
- Nighttime lane closures are anticipated to be required for construction operations.
- Ramps are anticipated to remain open at all times with the following exceptions:
- Weekend closure of the Leslie south – 401 east Ramp;
- Weekend closure of the Leslie north – 401 east Ramp;
- Nighttime closures (as required).